Hifu face lift
Hifu jaw lift
What your treatment will entail…
1. What Is High Intensity Focused Ultrasound ? HIFU is a safe, non-surgical ultrasound treatment that counteracts the effects of time and gravity on your skin. The treatment uses the body’s own regenerative response to gently and gradually lift skin on the eyebrow, under the chin and on the neck, and smooth lines and wrinkles.
1. Can HIFU Replace a Face Lift Procedure?
HIFU treats the deep SMAS layer addressed in cosmetic surgery, but won’t duplicate the results of a facelift. However it is a great alternative, especially for those not ready for surgery or for patients looking to extend the effects of cosmetic surgery.
1. How Does HIFU Stimulate Collagen Production? During the treatment the transducer delivers and deposits focused ultrasound energy deep beneath the skin at the optimal temperature for collagen regeneration. The treatment jumpstarts a natural process, known as neocollagenesis, to produce fresh, new collagen. The treatment itself doesn’t involve any creams, fillers or toxins, it just relies on your body’s own collagen-building process for natural, noticeable results.
4. How Long Will a HIFU Treatment Take?
The length of the treatment will depend on the area being treated and your individual treatment plan. A face and neck procedure typically takes 60-90 minutes
5. Will I Need to Take Time off Work?
With a single HIFU treatment there is no downtime. After your procedure, you can resume your normal activities immediately, without having to follow any special post-treatment measures.
6. What Does HIFU Feel Like?
As the ultrasound energy is delivered, you will feel tiny amounts of energy being deposited to precise depths, indicating that the collagen-building process has been initiated. Comfort levels vary from person to person, but the sensation only lasts while the ultrasound energy is being delivered.
7. How Many HIFU Treatments Will I Need?
Most clients only need one treatment. However this may be based on the degree of skin laxity, the biological response to ultrasound energy and the individual’s collagen-building process, some clients may benefit from additional treatments. Because skin continues to age, future touch-up
treatments can help clients keep pace with the body’s natural aging process.
8. Are There Any Side Effects?
The skin might appear flushed at first, this can be during treatment but sometimes lasting longer, the redness should however disappear within a few hours. Some clients experience slight swelling, tingling or tenderness to the touch, but these are temporary.
- High Intensity Focused Ultrasound
- Lifting and firming Facial for skin aged over 30
- Results take up to 3 months to start to show, 6 months for full effect
One off treatment, re-treat after 9 months minimum
What are HIFU is targeting
• SMAS layer.
• The SMAS layer (Superficial muscular aponeurotic system) is the layer which the muscles of the face and the soft tissue attach. It is a layer of tissue that attaches and surrounds the deeper tissues and structures of the face and neck, including the entire cheek area. It also attached to the Platysma.
• The SMAS is composed of collagen and elastin fibres similar to those of the dermal tissue.
• As the ageing process progresses, the SMAS layer becomes looser and looses its ability to be the skin’s ‘safety net’
• The SMAS is the section of the skin treated with the 4.5mm HIFU cartridge to give a long lasting tightening effect.